Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My aircon blower is not working. I sent my car for a wash…

Customer Question
My aircon blower is...

My aircon blower is not working.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

I sent my car for a wash and this time, I asked for the engine to be washed, too. When i picked the car after the wash, the blower doesn't work anymore. It's 2007 model Diesel turbo

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

I guess it's 2006 engine. It's serviced regularly

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have sent it to an aircon shop. They can't fix it. I have brought it to a workshop. They can't find the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am not car savy. I just want to know what could be wrong and what parts to buy

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
12/16/2017
Kia Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are many possible causes for the blower motor not working, especially depending on what the vehicle is, and it will require some electrical testing to know exactly what is wrong and what will need to be done to repair it. The problem may be the blower motor itself, wiring and connections, the resistor or power module, blower motor relay, etc

What model is the vehicle?

Are you hoping to do the required testing yourself?