Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 2009 kia spectre. The car has 122,000 miles on it.

Customer Question
I have a 2009...

I have a 2009 kia spectre. The car has 122,000 miles on it. It just started about a week ago to drag when I accelerate from 2nd gear to 3rd. The RPM's fluctuate between 5 & 8. I also noticed the car is running a little hotter than usual. I had the air filter changed last month and keep up on the oil changes. Once the car gets up to above 40 it seems fine. It is just getting it there that has me concerned. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?

I haven't noticed any leaks in my driveway. Are you talking about anti- freeze coolant?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Spectra yourself? What have you tried so far?

The problem just started so I don't know what I should be checking. I may have to take it to a shop. I don't know how to diagnose what the problem could be.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No Thank you. That is it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
12/15/2017
Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

have you checked the transmission fluid yet when the car is at operating temperature and running?

No. Not recently. It has been a while since I have checked that.

ok check that and let me know the level and condition, wipe it on a white paper towel and let me know the color of the fluid

I appreciate your help. I just got off the phone with my friend he is going to pick up the car tomorrow and take a look at it for me. Happy Holidays!

your very welcome and happy holidays to you as well!

Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 6 months ago

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!