Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

On a 2006 Kia Sadona 239k miles, sometimes it turns over…

Customer Question
On a 2006 Kia Sadona...
On a 2006 Kia Sadona 239k miles, sometimes it turns over other times it doesn't. we've had it checked, its not in the starter but pretty sure it's in the wiring harness area. if we got a remote starter would that bypass the wiring harness part of it and is it possible this would work.does the remote starter go right to battery? tia
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Kia
12/15/2017
Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So a remote starter would no fix the issue that your having, if you have a multimeter I can help you do some electrical checks to find out the cause

we don't have one of those but tht's ok, we'll figure it out another way. thank you

sure thing happy holidays!

Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 7 months ago

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!