Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2004 KIA SORENTO 2.5L DIESEL THE FUEL HIGH PRESSURE IN IDLE…

Customer Question
2004 KIA SORENTO 2.5L DIESEL...
2004 KIA SORENTO 2.5L DIESEL THE FUEL HIGH PRESSURE IN IDLE IS 300 BAR WHEN PRESS THE ACCELERATOR 700 BAR AND 5 SECOND DROP TO 100 BAR. A LOT BLACK SMOKE AND THE RPM SLOWLY INCREASE. DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER. I CLEANED THE STRAINER IN THE FUEL TANK, NEW FILTER IN THE LINE, BLEED THE COMMON RAIL, NO CODE .
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Kia
Two days, nobody answer.
When?
Answered in 2 days by:
12/18/2017
Kia Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 5 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with one or more failing fuel injectors causing this issue needing replaced.A failing injector will cause fuel rail pressure loss like you see here as well as the black smoke if the injector is allowing to much fuel into a cylinder.If you have not had the injectors checked/tested at all these needs done to see if an injector needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Good morning.
What is the normal high pressure in high rpm?.
What is the feed normal pressure and where I can check it?

Good morning

Unfortunately, my info is not telling me the exact pressures for this model here for some reason.I know some are a max of around 20k psi/1380 bar and around 5000 psi at idle or 345 bar but I cant say this for sure on your model as my info doesn't tell me for sure.

But with the bar dropping off when you press the accelerator this isn't normal as it should climb and maintain the pressure.This indicates a fault with the pump or an issue with one or more injectors needing replaced.You would need to have this tested further to be sure of the cause.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Good morning.
I have 276 bar in idle, 850 bar at 2000 rpm, the acelerador pedal all way down 904 bar and the max rpm 2200 only.
I thinking the catality converter is clogged.
Today I go to remove it. What you think about it?.
I got this code.

Good morning

My info isn't listing those codes you have posted there.

A restricted catalytic converter can cause this fault and would need to be replaced.You can try and remove it temporarily to see if the issue remains.If the fault goes away or most of your power comes back then it needs to be replaced.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician