Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I was in a auto accident and two days after the accident my…

Customer Question
Hi I was in...

Hi I was in a auto accident and two days after the accident my vehicle stopped working it wont make any noise turning over and it wont start also all the dash board lights come on but the automatic door locks wont work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes they all work fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2014 kia sportage XL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing I have geico fixing it thru insurance I just need to find a mechanic tat can come look at it and give me an estimate cause my car wont move it is in my drive way

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can he come to my home and give me an estimate and if the insurance company is willing to pay can it be towed to the shop

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Kia
12/13/2017
Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Is this your insurance that paying for it? do you have a loan on the vehicle?

2014 kia sportage XL
no I was in a auto accident and the other party was at fault and there insurance is paying thru geico

so there insurance company will send someone out to asses the damage and should also cover a rental until you get your car repaired, I would not try and drive it as it is now

I cant drive it it wont move

but when this was in sept

you will need to call them I cant get that information,

Okay so you're basically telling me that you cannot fix it or even look at it

thats exactly what im telling you, im not the insurance company, we just give advice and guidance to people, this is just answers

I can call them for you but I would need all the paperwork,

Alright thank you for nothing goodbye I specifically asked a question asking if you'd be able to come out and give me an estimate on my car she should have told me right then and there you couldn't and I wouldn't waste my time or let him know my $13

your very welcome have a great day