Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

Just had the motor replaced and wanting to know what else i…

Customer Question
Just had the motor...

Just had the motor replaced and wanting to know what else i should get checked out while the motor is out

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Automatic and it's about 60k on the new motor and 80 k on everything else 2013 Sorento SX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

The engine is at the dealers so just wanting to know what i should have replaced as well

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Or checked at lease

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Kia
12/11/2017
Kia Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician  replied 2 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Is this a new motor?

No it's used with 60k miles on it.

Okay, thank you for that information, while you have the motor out for replacement you should also consider replacing all the coolant hoses as well as the drive belt. Another thing that is a good idea would be to replace the water pump.I would also make sure there are no leaking gasket and if so replace them as well.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician