Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

2011 kia senrto code p0014 replaced intake and exhaust vvt…

Customer Question
2011 kia senrto code...

2011 kia senrto code p0014 replaced intake and exhaust vvt oil sol. and ex and in cam sensor still getting the same code the controllers are cutting off on my scan tool and then check engine comes on after 2 drive cycles 2.4 cyl

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

Scan tool made by launch max me plus

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Kia Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What year is your EX?

2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your EX yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have a mechanic shop. the only thing i have not replaced is the vvt cam fazer which sits in front of the intake cam

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Will a reflash or reprograming solve the problem

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Kia
12/12/2017
Kia Mechanic: CurtisE, Mechanic replied 2 months ago
CurtisE
CurtisE, Mechanic
A reflash will not resolve the issue. You will find the valve timing is out. You will need to remove the timing cover to confirm.
CurtisE
CurtisE
CurtisE, Mechanic