Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

The map lights won't turn off when car is on, but goes off…

Customer Question
The map lights won't...

The map lights won't turn off when car is on, but goes off when car is off. However, today when I opened and closed the eyeglass compartment they turned off as car was running. 04 Sorento

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The lights above .there are two. Buttons for each.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This problem began several months ago.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
12/11/2017
Kia Mechanic: CurtisE, Mechanic replied 7 months ago
CurtisE
CurtisE, Mechanic
The map lamp switch has an internal short. The switch cannot be replaced seperate. It requires the whole map lamp sunglass holder assembly to be replaced as one.