Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

03 kia sorento 3.5 doesnt go into four wheel drive ..there…

Customer Question
03 kia sorento 3.5 doesnt...
03 kia sorento 3.5 doesnt go into four wheel drive ..there is not indicator light coming on on the dash...no power to the 4 wheel compressor when switch is turned to the 4 wheel high position where do i start??
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Kia
12/11/2017
Kia Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Do you know which codes are stored?

i will check....

Super

i had the battery out had to replace the crank timing belt gear i drilled out the crank and installed a helicoil i knew there was a*****issue before i had to fix the harmonic balancer issue and was looking at fixing the diff actuator while the rad and battery box were out..now i can get it to crank...dash lites up and a hear a high pitched whine(very faint) going to check the starter connections now..if i need your help diagnosing the no crank do i open a new ticket??
sorry CANT get it to crank

We are only allowed to help with one concern per question. We have done pretty much nothing on the 4wd, so we can swap over to no crank if that would be best.

let me check the starter and i will get back to you on changing the question..thank you much

No problem

moose ...i got it to crank but didnt start i put on the new crank gear and feel pretty confident that all the marks lined up ......did on couple months ago without issue so now i have to figure out the no start want to help with that and we can do the 4 wheel thing later??

Do you know how to check and confirm fuel pressure, ignition spark and injector pulse?

is there shrader valve on the rail for fuel and i can check for spark but will have to get a set of the little diode lites to check pulse
i dont see a shrader valve ..so how do i check fuel pressure?? also i must have a bad connection on solenoid wire ..it will crank for a bit and then stop and go dead i have to wiggle the wire to solenoid and then i can crank it again just for kick i pulled the codes and i get po0335 so now i have to pull the front off this thing again???

Fuel pressure on this model is tested with a gauge connected to the fuel supply line to the injector rail.

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

back up and running...crank sensor replaced can we get back to the no*****issue....while back you helped me check the switch at the dash and all checked out good.. i jumped the compressor at the plug and it is good just not getting ant power to the plug and no light on the dash when knob is turned to 4 wheel high or low and the only code was the crank sensor thanks again

We are only allowed to help with one concern per question. We were diagnosing 4wd then no start and now back to 4wd. I do not want to get in trouble by the website for breaking the rules so I will opt out.

i resubmitted my question...
Kiatech
Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician