Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I need to replace my passenger side tail light cover on my…

Customer Question
I need to replace...

I need to replace my passenger side tail light cover on my 2016 Sorento, how do I get the old one off?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Kia Sorento. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

The bulb does not need to be replaced just the outer cover

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
12/7/2017
Kia Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

The lens is not designed to come off or be replaced by itself, only as a complete taillight assembly. do you want those directions

please

HI,

Ok, open the liftgate and you should see 2 screws to remove - see attached

Once you do that, you will need to pull hard on the taillight assembly to free it as there is a ball and socket locator pin at the outer top rear of the assembly that helps hold it in place

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that your expert pays for requested directions out of pocket for your benefit. Failure to give a positive rating means that the expert will no longer be able to provide this service at substantial savings to you

at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.