Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Battery light and emergency brake light comes and stays on,

Customer Question
Battery light and emergency...

Battery light and emergency brake light comes and stays on, sometimes goes off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

It's my emergency brake!!

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

My e brake isn't even connected to the cable, it doesn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Kia?

And my battery tested good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It just happened.. it came on when I left work, I work at a dealership but it came in when I left.. I called bumper to bumper and drive up there to test my battery and it tested good.. no reason for my e brake light to come in if it isn't even connected and doesn't work..

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of yet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
2004 kia sorento
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/4/2017
Kia Mechanic: 3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today .

I didn't know the call cost more money..
I'm just trying to figure out my car

ok this is an indication that the charging system have a problem most likely a bad alternator you should get the system tested .

Alright, thank you

your welcome please rate the service before you go thanks.

your rating is the only way for me to get credit thanks.

please use the rating button on the chat page thanks again .