Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My wheel is locked and I can't turn the ignition on. It's…

Customer Question
My wheel is locked...

My wheel is locked and I can't turn the ignition on

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?

It's electric

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2017 Kia forte

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forte yourself? What have you tried so far?

To move the steering wheel back and forth

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Wiggle the ke y in the ignition

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
12/4/2017
Kia Mechanic: internal88, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
internal88
internal88, Auto Mechanic

Hello, and thank you for your question. I'm Brandon.

The steering wheel has a load on it. What you need to do is put pressure on the steering wheel in the direction that the wheels are pointed. Jerk the wheel hard and agressivly with 1 hand while slowly turning the key.
If the key doesn't turn, remove it. Crank the steering wheel in the other direction and slowly turn the key.

Please rate me positive, thank you!

I've tried that

Okay, I am opting out now. Another tech will try to help you out.

Kia Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen years of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

Do you still need assistance?