Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Just got a reading p0461 plus my gage shows full while my…

Customer Question
Just got a reading...

Just got a reading p0461 plus my gage shows full while my mileage shows empty. Doesn't matter how much fuel I put in, these don't change

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Gas hog

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

Optima turbo sx 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to fix it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Code p2565

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
12/3/2017
Kia Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today. im reviewing your quesiton now...

Kia Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

p0461 - fuel sensor "a" circuit range/performance

go to the trunk and you will see an access panel on the passenger side. remove that and check the connector and harness for good connection and any corrosion

p2565 - boost charger control position sensor "a" high circuit

on your turbo you have the wastegate there is a connector going to it. check it for good connection and any corrosion

Kia Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

hi just checking up on you. please rate me on my services will be greatly appreciated. happy holidays and thank you

Thanks, ***** ***** my harness in tack.
Nobody though suggested to go to gas tank give it a few knocks with a mallet around the area where the fuel pump is located to release the float.
All the quotes I got were hundreds of dollars..
Thanks
Kia Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago
No problem I’m glad it was some help Happy holiday