Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Went to store and came out and would not crank. Tried

Customer Question
Went to store and...

Went to store and came out and would not crank. Tried jumping it of it will not do anything. All of the the lights come on when you turn on the ingnition.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

It is very low on fuel.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

It dose not turn over at all when trying to crank. 2008 Sorento 3.3 engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Would like to fix it my self if possible. A couple of people seem to thank it is the starter.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

An easy fix and cheap.LOL

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
12/1/2017
Kia Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

so when you try to start you get no response from the vehicle?

correct

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

I would suggest you try a jump start to be sure it isn't low voltage, and you can also try unhooking the car battery for an hour to reboot all systems, and try a second key.
if the issue persists, it is likely an immobilizer/antitheft issue, or faulty starter.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.