Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I stop to put gaz in. When I try to start the engine again…

Customer Question
I stop to put...

I stop to put gaz in. When I try to start the engine again the key turn, the lights of the dashboard lot but nothing happen and the key won’t come off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No, where is that?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

It is a 2014 Rio5 Ex and I just passed a safety test on it, bought it a month ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rio5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am at the gas station, so i Check if my gaz thank was properly closed.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
11/30/2017
Kia Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you hear any clicking or any other noises in the engine area or inside the vehicle when trying to start it?

Is the starter engaging to crank over the engine at all?

Let me know so we can continue, thanks, Pete.