Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My FOB won't unlock car (changed batteries tried another…

Customer Question
My FOB won't unlock...

My FOB won't unlock car (changed batteries tried another remote and still have the issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2016 Kia soul+

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Soul yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried looking for blown fuses, but something particular is thyat car will not unlock from inside withou accesory switch been on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Kia
11/28/2017
Kia Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 8 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Try this first and we go from there in case was a glitch
Master Reset1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .Please let me know , make sure we have a good 12 volt battery and holding first
I tried as you wrote but still no response
anyone on the other side?

unfortunately at this time you will needed scanned with factory scanner or equivalent and read key less entry fault codes and based on these fault code we can pull up a pin point troubleshoot and be accurate

you can post them back here and i can help further

now with that said i suspect on 2016 the key fob lost sync with vehicle receiver and needs reprogramming or replacement where the rf signal to unlock is nt being sent

but we need to be sure with a scanner

sorry i wish there was one answer for this

now if you have 2 key fobs try the other if u have not already ,if it did work then we have a door module/bcm module issue but again we needs these fault or it will be a guess and end up throwing parts at it

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat