Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Error code p0014 on a kia sorento. 156,000. 2010. Just had…

Customer Question
Error code p0014 on...

Error code p0014 on a kia sorento

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

156,000

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sorento?

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just had the error code given to me so now I am trying to find out what it means and what needs to be done

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope I think that is it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
11/27/2017
Kia Mechanic: camerontech, Technician replied 7 months ago
camerontech
camerontech, Technician

hi there

im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech

this code is for over-advanced timing.

2 problems that would cause this code..

1. Engine oil level or quality

check the oil for low level and if the oil is old and requires changing. wrong grade oil will also cause this code as this affects the vvt system.
low oil level will cause this code

if the the oil is low or excessivly dirty than change it and reset the codes and see if it returns

2. VVT solenoid (variable valve timing solenoid)

these are common to get stuck and keep timing over advanced. the computer will notice this and store the code

If the oil level is ok and not dirty than your likely cause of your trouble code is this vvt solenoid as it is faulty and over advancing the timing when commanded off, and this will require replacing.

let me know how you make out !

please take a moment to rate me and i am always available for follow ups after rating

thanks and i appreciate positive ratings!

cam

hi there

please dont forget to rate me as it is the inly way i m payed by just answer

thanks!

cam