Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 2009 kia spectra amd the clock radio dome lights…

Customer Question
I have a 2009...

I have a 2009 kia spectra amd the clock radio dome lights and automatic locks wont come on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

Yes i checked the fuses under the steering wheel and there are no bad fuses but i heard something about a memory fuse that will fix it where is it located

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Spectra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No mam

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
11/27/2017
Kia Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You are indeed missing power on the memory circuit. The same circuit powers all of the items that you mentioned. It's possible that you could have a wiring issue but it's much more likely that you have a blown fuse. The fuse in question is in the instrument panel junction block, a 15a fuse labeled ROOM. You will almost certainly find this fuse is blown.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.