Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

On my 2013 Kia Sorento, the locks open/locks at a rapid pace…

Customer Question
On my 2013 Kia...

On my 2013 Kia Sorento, the locks open/locks at a rapid pace and once I am able to get into it, the ignition will not start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Changed the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed the battery to the key fob, and battery to the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Do I need to reprogram the key fob or replace it or is the antenna picking up the signal correctly?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Kia
11/26/2017
Kia Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

How old is the battery and have you had it load tested recently?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

The door locks are controlled through the vehicles body ECM which rarely goes bad , the usual cause is an input such as a door switch, so what you can try right now is to use the key and open and close all the doors starting with the driver's door and lastly the back door or trunk. If that fails then your into checking each switch inside the doors for continuity.

It is late so I will check back tomorrow on your progress.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician