Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 2002 Kia Optima 6 cylinder attempting to replace…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 Kia Optima 6 cylinder attempting to replace the oxygen sensor could you please either send me a diagram or let me know where it is so I can replace it I have a oxygen sensor wrench to remove it with

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?

I have the sensor that's supposed to be underneath the car by the Cavalier converter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am fixing it myself and only thing I have done is purchase the sensor that they said that I needed because of the test they did

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Kia
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/24/2017
Kia Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician  replied 7 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

Which sensor are you trying to replace? There are 4. Post the code you have and I can help.

Are you still here and do you still need help?