Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

I'm not really sure but it's not getting gas or air to

engine JA: Has the vehicle turned...
I'm not really sure but it's not getting gas or air to engine
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: well it stalls and when I can get it started its only for minutes or seconds
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2005 kia sedona
JA: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am i pulled a fuel pump and replaced it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it has a popping sound sometimes under hood when trying to start and I thought maybe a sensor
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Still there?
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/23/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Do you know if there are codes stored?

Have you checked the fuel pressure and compression?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No I haven't been able to move it but the engine light is on and the manual said that has to do with the ems system I think i said it right
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I'll have to look At MANUAL AGAIN To See If I Said THAT right

Do you have the tools or skills to check the things I asked about?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I had tested at autozone months ago and got a code when it first died on me in traffic
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I lost that code but they also said I need to take to have put on a better tester cause it just listed possible reasons with them
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No I don't

I do not have much to go on here to diagnose what is wrong and you are not able to do the tests we need. Let me know what would help you best and what help from me would you appreciate?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I also cleaned the mass air sensor and hoses

Did you read my response a moment ago and can you respond to it.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Well I'm not sure wat to do
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I want to know where the gas filter is and how to change it
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Then change mass air flow sensor and throttle sensor
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I also wanted to know if sounded like maybe spark plugs before I have them changed

This model doe snot have an external serviceable fuel filter. The filter is inside the tank attached to the pump.

Since it runs briefly I doubt it is ignition spark related. Though that does not mean servicing them may not be needed.

The path you are taking guessing at parts to check and replace is going to get expensive. You need someone whom can do all the tests I mentioned in my first reply. That will get you in the right direction to see what repairs are needed to prevent replacing good parts.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
when I get the tests done and come back here does that mean I will be charged again.

No you will not be charged again. You have already paid all the fees due to get help from me. You have not yet rated the post which pays me. Once you rate this post will stay open forever and you can reply anytime.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok that's all I wanted to know so I can rate and come back after I get the codes

Yes, I want you to return and want to help you get this addressed.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok thank you and I'm going to buy the gauges but not sure I can test them if car won't start
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It's been 2 days and it won't turnover

Just reply when you have the tools or time to do the inspections or if you get stuck doing them.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok I'll be buying all 3 tomorrow probably if Walmart here carries them

Sounds good.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician