Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

The heater oly blows cold air. Coolant level is good. I have

Customer Question
The heater oly blows cold...
The heater oly blows cold air.
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: coolant level is good. I have not checked the thermostat. If the thermostat is not working wouldn't my car over heat?
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: rio
JA: What year is your Rio?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you fixing your Rio yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I will do the repairs. I have only checked the coolant level. The heater stopped working from only morning to the next.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Kia
11/21/2017
Kia Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician  replied 25 days ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Usually if the thermostat was stuck closed you would have an over heating concern. If the thermostat is stuck open then the engine would not over heat and that can effect heater performance as well. Before you consider the thermostat being bad start your engine and let it warm up to normal operating temp and then go out under the hood with the engine running and the heater on and place your hands in both heater hose at the firewall where they connect to the heater core and see if both hose are to hot to hold and let me know what you find .

Kiatech
Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician