Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

The gear shift handle is stuck on parking. The break light

the gear shift handle is...
the gear shift handle is stuck on parking
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: the break light is on
JA: What year is your Kia?
Customer: but the dash board doesnt work
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2013
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have already put a screwdriver in the shift lock release and have been successful at moving the gear shit to R N D but once i put it back on P it gets stuck again
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

What model is your 13 kia?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
its a kia Soul 2013

ok on the left lide of dash fuse panel check fuses for power labeled, tcu fuse, acc fuse, stop lp fuse and ig1 fuse

with key on

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
ok let me try it
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
i found fuses but not sure what to do

if you dont have a electrical testing device all you can do is visually check them,

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
what exactly am i looking for.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
i have the car on and visually looking at fuses but dont notice anything
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
i do see a couple of fuse sections with no fuses

unfortunately that is not the best way to check either due to the fact you could have a blown fuse and not be able to see it with the naked eye,

so to go any further we will need a test light or multi meter to do some system checks

so if you checked the fuses and they look ok we will need a test light or multi meter to do some system checks

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
i should take it to a kia dealer right.. im just scares cuz car doesnt mark velocity or gas or anything

I think that would be a good idea, it could still be under warranty

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me nothing less than a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
it comes down to fuses right? could it be anything else?

it could be about 20 different other things besides the fuses, the only way to know is to do a systematic electrical check of each component, if you take it into the dealer and they diagnose it, before you approve the repairs I can look at the report and make sure what they are saying is correct and they arnt charging you for things you dont need if its not covered under warranty

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
okay thanks.. I will do that. how do i locate you again?

you can just access this though your e mail on the thread we were talking on, or through the account you set up with justanswers and in the account there should be this question

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
okay thanks for your help

sure thing!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician