Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

The cd player will not turn off a cd must be jammed will not…

Hello the cd player...

Hello the cd player will not turn off a cd must be jammed will not eject

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Do not know where to find it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2006 kia amanti

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Amanti yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have to it is running down my battery

11/20/2017
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, what I would suggest doing is unplugging the radio directly waiting a few minutes then reconnecting it. Usually this type of hard reset will result in it ejecting any cd. IF it does not eject you will need to remove the radio top plate and try to remove the disc with a pick set. usually once they do this the eject mechanism is damaged and the radio will need to be replaced with either a used or aftermarket assembly. I suggest eBay for finding a used one. Below is how to remove the radio.

Is there a radio fuse to an 2006 Kia Amanti and where is it located.

Yes, it's located in the drivers side knee area. The fuse marked C/lighter below should cut it off. it's on page 231 of the manual you can download it HERE or see below

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician