Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My remote start is stuck in valet mode. 2015 kia sorento. We…

Customer Question
My remote start is...

My remote start is stuck in valet mode.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2015 kia sorento

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

We just installed the remote starter. Added an rf kit. in programming the rf kit my evo one got stuck in valet mode. the 2 ways to get out of valet mode that we have been told is to turn ignition on and push the valet button 3 times and then turn off. the second way was to turn ignition on push break pedal 10 times and turn off. nothing works.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We got into valet mode trying to set the remotes. When we first installed the rf kit the car would start and then shut down when remote starting.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Kia
11/21/2017
Kia Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try to reset it by disconnecting the battery for several minutes and see if this works with one of the reset procedures after this is done.If this is or was already tried with no success let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi Pete, thank you for answering my question. I have not had time to disconnect the battery and try to reset the eco one. I actually had to drop off my car for body work today and will nor have the car back until later next week at the earliest. I will try this when I receive the car back and will be back in touch with you. Thank you. Dawn
Kia Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago

Your welcome Dawn

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete