Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 2004 kia amentie the brakes pump up hard and stay…

I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 kia amentie the brakes pump up hard and stay until you start the motor then they go to the floor?

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes and battery is charged

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Kia?

Amanti

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Amanti yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am a mec for 50 years and changed master and rear calipers

11/20/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, did the loss of pedal with engine started, happen before or after the brake work

That what it came in for

HI,

Ok, do you know if the customer did any brake work before bringing it in?

No

HI,

Ok, I understand you are a long time tech, but I have seen master techs doing it for years make or overlook a simple thing which commonly causes this, so I need to ask and no offense intended.

Are the bleeder screws at all 4 calipers below or above the brake hose to caliper connection?

Also, did you do a brake hose clamp test yet?

Yes, the bleeders are below, or yes, they are above the hose to caliper connection

What were the results of the brake hose clamp test - good pedal with engine running and all 4 hoses clamped or did the pedal sink?

the pedal went to the floor

Ok, did you bleed the system with a scan tool?

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN
Phone call session started