Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My defroster nont work front and rear check fuses and relays…

Customer Question
My defroster nont work...

My defroster nont work front and rear check fuses and relays motor and iterior aveting looks good is any other realys i have to check?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

95 k , yes is normal

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Check all fuses and relays buy a new button switch check for power and everiting looks normal no light on the dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ok

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Kia
11/19/2017
Kia Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 8 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, what year, model engine size please?

2005 kia sedona ex

thank you

so the front window defrost isnt working correct? key on. engine off. operate the mode selector switch from floor to vent and then to defrost. tell me if you hear a door/actuator moving at each setting.

ok hold don please

ok

I hear the door muve

ok and no air is coming out of the windshield vents?

sir is coming but the defogger light is no coming on on the dash boatd

is that for the rear defroster? the light?

Theses my problem the defogger front and back

if air is coming out from the window vents when defrost is selected, and its warm air with the engine running, then the front is not your problem. if you turn the rear defroster switch on and it doesnt light up, then you only have a problem with the rear

Let say yes

ok, let me get a diagram of the rear defroster

Ok
front end back
and i have button only
I think all fuses are good will see call you back tomorrow and let you know thanks
Kia Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago

ok, please do so we can move forward on this. thanks

hows it going?

I’m at work maybe to day i all tray I let you know ok

ok thanks

any update?

Sorry took so log but i tray yesterday and everything was good any other ideas

you are going to need to have a scan tool read the fault codes that are store in the hvac control module. a generic code reader will not do this so its necessary to take the vehicle to a shop that has a scan tool that has the capability

Ok and thanks

I was hoping there was a self-diagnostics on the HVAC control panel as there is on many vehicles, but not yours.