Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

Sportage 2011, the tailgate would not open sometimes,

Customer Question
sometimes it does open. There...
Sportage 2011, the tailgate would not open sometimes, sometimes it does open. There is no click then when I touch the "handle button"
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: The solenoid would not "click" For a month or so
JA: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Once no matter how many times you press the button it would not open. Other times I press the button many times and it always opens
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Oh, I went to dealership today and they could not find the necessary part, they found the lock itself, but the solenoid is not part of it, it seems it should "push" the lock's thing from outside
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Kia
11/19/2017
Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 25 days ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So the dealer needs to order a part for this?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Some mechanic asked me to order the part from dealer because he thinks he thinks this solenoid part is the problem
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
You are a fraud. Thanks a lot...
Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 23 days ago

just now seeing this, thanks for the kind words, I was going to help you but no way now

Kiatech
Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician