Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I've got a 2012 kia forte and it had a DTC P200A and P0011.

Customer Question
I've got a 2012...

I've got a 2012 kia forte and it had a DTC P200A and P0011. What the easiest way to fix this and do i have to update the ECM. If I do, how can download updates to the ECM

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Kia Forte. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Car has 104000 miles

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Kia
11/17/2017
Kia Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 8 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you , I will try to help you with this issue

the p0200A will need factory scanner or equivalent to do the update yes

same is true for p0011

make sure the oil and filter is changed and sludge exist

click on link to view pdf file to view the steps for it

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Hi thanks, ***** ***** is extremely dirty and according the Line sticker oil not changed for 9000 Miles

I would start with doing oil change ,run it 100 miles ,drop oil again ,take valve cover off, check fro sludge and retest on that

then for sure

Please let me know if you need anything else on it

Thank You

Chad Farhat

I’m getting the computer updated and will let you know if that turns off the check engine light but also the hood latch doesn’t work it appears that the cable is stretched is that a common problem and should I replace hood latch cable
make sure the cable at the latch is not off, if not they do stretch ,replace as one unit
You are very welcome :)
Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My
my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted
or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite ExpertI'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone
Thank You
Chad Farhat