Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My driver side exterior door handle was broken off;

Customer Question
Hello, my driver side...

Hello, my driver side exterior door handle was broken off; currently searching for a way to fix it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

I believe it its a '05 or '06 kia sportage

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not very mechanically savy, but due to income DIY is my best option;

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am searching for a replacement part

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Kia
11/16/2017
Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So if you have the vin I can locate the year for you to get the right part and instructions for install

KNDJE723367248135

hello sorry my computer went crazy just got it back online do you still need help with this?