Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

My hatch back clicks but won't open. No it's not a noise -

My hatch back clicks but...
My hatch back clicks but won't open
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: No it's not a noise - the hatch back on my 2014 Kia Sorento will not open - it clicks like it wants to open but doesn't open.
JA: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No i just really want to know if there is an affordable way to fix it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don't think so
11/16/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

OK whats the mileage, this still could be under warranty

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
approx. 62,000 miles

oh no 2k over, ok so with the problem your having you could just have a bad switch or latch issue both of which wouldnt be that bad, could be anywhere from 150 -300 fix

you would next need to remove the rear hatch inner panel and inspect the latch and button for issues,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
if I take it in to a Kia dealer how will I know which it is, it seems I always have to pay the higher price no matter what.

thats the good thing is that I will be here for anything you need, so when you go to the dealer and they look it over before you approve anything let me know what they say, you can send the diag report and ill make sure they are giving you the right price and diagnosis

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I thought I only paid for 1 question?

you sure did but it stays open even after you rate me, I like my customers to get the best bang out of there buck, so even in a few days you can just re access this question and we can chat again at no extra charge

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay I just made an appointment for Sat. Nov. 25th for a Kia dealer to look at it, so after they diagnose the problem I can text you and see if it makes sense?

you sure can!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Awesome thank you!

thanks for the great rating!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician