Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

ESC Off Light on and kicking intorandomly. The esc and

Customer Question
ESC Off Light on and...
ESC Off Light on and kicking into*****randomly
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The esc and the*****light are illuminated
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2007 Kia Sorento
JA: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: havent tried anything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Kia
11/16/2017
Kia Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 25 days ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If it's shifting into four wheel drive on it's own then the most likely cause would be the transfer case motor itself. It will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is wrong. The problem could be the motor, wiring, the module that controls the transfer case or even the switch itself. The most common cause of this is a bad position sensor inside the transfer case motor causing it to attempt a shift when not intended.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician