Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have an 07 Sportage 2.0 with auto transmission. Same

Customer Question
engine and Trans that are...
I have an 07 Sportage 2.0 with auto transmission. Same engine and Trans that are in Mitsubishi. When the vehicle is cold, it shifts great, but after it warms up, it shifts really hard from 2nd to 3rd gear only. If you shift in sport mode and let off the accelerator between shifts, it shifts somewhat normal. Also sometimes if parked or at a traffic light going uphill, it will jerk a little at take off.
Any ideas?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Kia
11/15/2017
Kia Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 8 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you ,I will try to help you with this issue

what were the fault codes retrieved ?

was the fluid when drained checked for any metal shavings

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

There are no codes, the vehicle passed our state emissions test. There were no metal shavings in the fluid, and none on the magnetic drain plug.

was a kia scanner used to scan or basic code reader .the reason why i ask is the basic code reader can only read the engine module for faults but can not see the tcm module to read it and this what we need here to be accurate,when your scanner says no faults ,if no engine faults exist then it will say that but only for engine issues

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

It was scanned with a basic OBD II reader and then with whatever type of scanner the state uses for emissions. I haven't had it back to KIA, it's no longer in warranty.

it will be a guess ,with a proper scaner ,there fault code# ***** we need to pull up troubleshoot

with that said ,usually when it warms up and start acting up, is usually clutch failure internally

but we have to be sure

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat