Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

It keeps dying and they cant find it. 2014 kia. I got a new…

Customer Question
It keeps dying and...

It keeps dying and they cant find it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2014 kia

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I got a new battery i took it to a kia dealer and another mechanic they say they cant fix it if they cant duplicate the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I would imagine they did it is a brand new battery and that is why they changed it in the first plae it keep dying and once we charge it we are good for a couple of days

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Kia
11/14/2017
Kia Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 8 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

with the engine running what is the battery voltage?

what model KIA?

Nothing is running it does when it sits over night. Nothing is left on

ok, but when the engine is running, what is the battery voltage?

2014 kia sorento
Kia Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin a different tech .what happens when you try to start car when fault is there ?

I push the button and it clicks and the dash blinks
Once we charge the battery it runs

Ok so you have a battery drain .does this happen every night ?

No notbwvery night but getting more frequent
We got a new battery because that’s WhT they thought it was. Then the radio would not turn on it kept cycling but never loading
They fixed the radio but can’t duplicate the issue with the car not starting

Ok this will need to happen before a diagnosis can be made .the issue is that the drain has to be there at the time of testing otherwise everything is good .modern cars have alot of computers that all shutdown when you turn the car off .sometimes one of these computers can wake up on its own and cause a drain on the battery but unless this is happening whilst testing its impossible to find