Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2006 kia sorento 3.5 no spark on number 6 coil new coil

Customer Question
2006 kia sorento 3.5...

2006 kia sorento 3.5 no spark on number 6 coil new coil plugs and wires

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

No diagram available

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had mui

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Had misfire on 6 and 5replaced coils and still no spark on 6

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Kia
11/12/2017
Kia Mechanic: john aka eauto, The Car Guy  replied 8 months ago
john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. are you getting power to the coil? did you verify no spark? or just a po306 code? any other codes?

I verified there is no spark from the coal
Is there a constant 12 volts to the coil
  1. Measurement of the primary coil resistance Connect the negative (-) terminal of a 3 V power supply to terminal 2 of the power transistor; then check whether there is continuity between terminal 3 and terminal 2 when terminal 1 and the positive (+) terminal are connected and disconnected.

Replace the ignition coil if there is malfunction.

Do you have a diagram of the ignition coil connectors so I will know which wire is which