Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

The doors will nor lock electronically. The remote will

Customer Question
The doors will nor...

The doors will nor lock electronically. The remote will unlock but not not the doors. Same is true with the switches on the door. . Don't hear the "thunk".. I can walk around and lock them manually. When I hit the lock on the remote twice, the mirrors retract. Have you heard of this before?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes - although it has been happening for a couple of days. Every so often it seems to work. Also, the auo\to lock (when drving, does not work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2014 Sorento

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

I may try mayself depending on the fix. The only thing I was thinking of trying was to remove the battery cable for a minute to see if it resets something

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Kia
11/13/2017
Kia Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

It will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is going on. Rather than push/pull drivers, a separate lock and unlock relay are used to control locking and unlocking. For whatever reason your lock actuators are not receiving power from the lock relay. This could be a wiring issue, the relay or the module internal in the junction block which controls the relay.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.