Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I just bought a 2008 kia sorento and the tpms light is

Customer Question
Second opinion] I just bought...
Second opinion] I just bought a 2008 kia sorento and the tpms light is staying on what does this meanJA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to walk you through that for your Kia Sorento. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?Customer: right now this is what is bothering me ous?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Kia
11/12/2017
Kia Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin the tpms warning is relating to tyre pressures .the warning will activate if a tyre pressure drops too low or there is an issue with one on the sensors .in most cases the warning illuminates because a pressure has dropped too low and the tyre just needs reinflating to the correct pressure .as long as you check tyre pressures and they are at a correct level you are safe to drive with warning light on .if there is an issue with warning after pressures are corrected the car would need to be plugged in to a diagnostic tool to trace the issue further