Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

It won't turn in. On I'm trying to. 2017 Kia Forte. I'm

Customer Question
It won't turn in ...

It won't turn in

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

On I'm trying to

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Kia?

2017 Kia Forte

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forte yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm trying to start but the Inginition is jammed and the brake is locked

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

Yes it has and it has 15,000+

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I drive a lot

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Kia
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/10/2017
Kia Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, it sounds like a possible ignition interlock issue. You need to try to reset the system. Disconnect the negative cable for 10 minutes and then reconnect and see if the key will turn and brake pedal depress to crank it

I have no clue what is

You dont know what your battery is?

I am referring to the car battery. There are 2 cables on it - one with a red end and one with a black end. The one with the black end is the negative cable. You disconnect it for 10 minutes and then reconnect and try to start the vehicle.