Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

The audio stopped working. 2013 Kia Sorrento. I have looked

the audio stopped working JA: What...
the audio stopped working
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2013 Kia Sorrento
JA: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have looked at all the fuses, I have hit the reset button, I have bought a new battery, I have checked the yellow special fuse that runs the whole uvo system, and nothing has worked.
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: no ..brand new battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: this happened after my battery died and I needed a jump. The UVO system itself works, just no sound
10/21/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • INFORMATION, I have no magic ball, please give me all the details you can.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

So the screen works and you can change things but no speakers produce sound?

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Correct. I can change to the different media types.. juke box.. radio.. Syrius, but no sound. On my blue tooth, people can hear me, but I cannot hear them.
Cary York
Phone call session started
I’m sorry if I missed your call.

Someone else tried to call this morning or evening. I was coaching 8 year soccer when you asked for a call. Since the call did not complete the funds should be returned and if not, contact the website to let them know. This no sound issue is going to be a result of the amp under the passenger seat not working.

I didn’t know someone else tried calling I just got a message today stating the call could not be made because u were not available.Would the Amp under the passenger seat get blown when I jumped my battery?

When a battery dies it can cause electrical items to fail then again during a jump start there is an electrical surge that can do the same. Unfortunately cars these days have very sensitive electronics and they cannot tolerate electrical fluctuations very much.

Thanks so much I will get it checked out

You are welcome

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician