Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

2006 rio spedo and odometer not working i get mph on my

scanner JA: Are you fixing your...
2006 rio spedo and odometer not working i get mph on my scanner
JA: Are you fixing your Rio yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: check all fuse and try different cluster
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
10/21/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • INFORMATION, I have no magic ball, please give me all the details you can.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

At the cluster connector 3 pin 11 red wire. That is the speed signal wire. See if there is an open or high resistance on this circuit to the speed sensor on the transaxle. It is also the red/orange wire at the data link connector.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
The resistance is 5.31 at spedo and the data link

There should've been no resistance from the cluster to the other things, so this means this wire has a break in it or a connector has corrosion.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
What other thing

I have marked the other things I spoke of.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
there is no resistance between the vs s and the red and red and orange wire at Speedo. remember I get speed whit my scanner. also just drove the car and the overf
drive but on on the shifter does not work
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
The resistance i gave you was from red wire to ground

Since the speed signal wire to the cluster is good and has no resistance that confirms a replacement instrument cluster is needed. Would you like the wire diagram to double check your tests?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
can you send to me thanks
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician