Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

03 kia sorento 3.5 need belts routing ( not a serpentine) 2…

03 kia sorento 3.5...
03 kia sorento 3.5 need belts routing ( not a serpentine) 2 belts i believe
10/14/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

thanks for the help..but thats not it the crank pully and the water pump pulley( directly above the crank) are double pulleys..the crank-water pump- adjuster pulley-a/c are the outer pulleys to the right(looking at the motor) inside pulley crank-water-adjuster -power steering -alternator are inside position looking at motor i have alt.bottom left with adjuster between crank and alt top left power steering pump and adjuster then water pulley in center right bottom a/c and an adjuster above it heading toward the water pump

whats your vin number and ill double check my info,

kndjc733735061119 crank bolt came loose and and sheered of the dowel that holds the crank pulley to the timing belt gear and the belts where just hanging there i dont know if there are 2(which i have or 3) then i lost one thanks again

double checked everything and thats what I have for that vehicle, so ill open this back up for the others to assist

k
that looks like it...so there are 3 belts
can you tell which goes on first...alt belt must be first

yes appears to be the alt belt first

going to run out and check...will be back and rate you thanks

great

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S

any luck?

john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
sorry ...got side tracked all good... thanks i will rate now

ty