Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My Kia amanti won't start due to anti theft immobilize keeps…

Customer Question
My Kia amanti won't...

My Kia amanti won't start due to anti theft immobilize keeps lighting up

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Has a pic of a key surrounded by a car

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Amanti?

2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Amanti yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had key replaced and wire harness replaced

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Kia
9/30/2017
Kia Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It will require some testing with a scan tool to determine exactly what is wrong. The immobilizer light is on it is because the key has not been validated or the module itself is not communicating. If the key has been replaced and the problem remains then most likely the module that communicates with the key is the issue, but there may also be a bus communication issue or a loss of power or ground to it.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!