Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My door wil not lock or open with the remote. I thought it…

Customer Question
My door wil not...

My door wil not lock or open with the remote. I thought it needed a battery, but that didn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

No but the battery is dry

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2016 Optima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?

It just started yesterday. I replaced the battery today in the fob but it still doesn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that's all

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Kia
9/29/2017
Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so if it will not work with both remotes, you can go up to the local auto parts store and they should have a remote signal checker to see if your remote is working, if that all checks out , you can try a full system battery reset in the vehicle and if that dosent work, the vehicle will need to be put on a scanner to diagnose the signal issue within the vehicle

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks shawn.