Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My 2006 Kia sorrento will not unlock. Not even with the key…

Customer Question
My 2006 Kia sorrento...

My 2006 Kia sorrento will not unlock. Not even with the key looks like the battery is dead. But how do I get the car open?

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Yes we just changed the battery and the alternator cuz it had cracked

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried unlocking the doors with the key it will not allow us to unlock the car in any way to even get the hood open!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Kia
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/25/2017
Kia Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic

sorry for the delay...........
How long have you owned the Kia?
Have you ever Locked or Unlocked using the Key?
Can you Unlock the Trunk?

Did you have any other questions?
I see you have viewed my reply but have not selected a rating.

Rating does not incur any additional costs, it simply allows me to be compensated for my time here.
It also does not close the question, you can follow up at any time.
Thank you.