Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Key got stuck in ignition, was able To retrieve key after…

Customer Question
Key got stuck in...

Key got stuck in ignition, was able To retrieve key after some hrs but ignition lock stuck in Acc cannot start up car, used spare key no success

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes, my key is worn but spare key cannot go all the way like my original

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2013 rio

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rio yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had it towed to closest kia dealership, but they are behind and might not be able to get to it until tomorrow if they are lucky

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Removed steering column and plastic cover to see if the spring was stuck in acc to knock it back no success

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Kia
Answered in 1 day by:
9/25/2017
Kia Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 8 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You

No, the issue is still unresolved as the local kia dealership is backed up and to expensive for me resolve the problem.
Kia Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 7 months ago

sound like you need a ignition cylinder, do you the instruction ,problem is even if u change you still need to program the key and will need dealer scanner or equivalent

if you want instruction let me know

Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few