Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Electrical burning smell coming from hood of my 2008kia

Electrical burning smell coming from hood of my 2008kia sedona
JA: What year is your Sedona?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No taking it to my mechanic but trying to get a ballpark idea of the cost
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is a electrical short in the vehicle that effects, the lights and power Doors was wondering if that could be related to the burning smell
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: Fuses are fine,sorry I misspoke not power doors power locks

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

This most likely means your integrated power module has failed which controls both components you mentioned and is located under hood. This is about a hour labor to replace and around $300 for part so about $400 total depending on where you go. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hello Dan,
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Do you have an idea of what may be going on with my 2008 Kia Sedona and the burning smell ?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Would that also explain the burning smell coming from under the hood ?

Yes, this module would smell like a computer chip burning/electrical burning smell. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.