Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a Kia Sportage 2007. The ac has been giving trouble…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a Kia...
Hi. I have a Kia Sportage 2007. The ac has been giving trouble for awhile. Over the years, I bought a new pump and it worked for sometime. Then it went bad again. I was told it needed a new evaporator. I bought that, it worked for awhile then it stopped. The mechanic checked a dew times well and has been unable to find the leak? Do you have any suggestions?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Kia
9/21/2017
Kia Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician  replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

do you happen to know the pressures while the a/c is on?

No. I will have to ask the mechanic. However, it appears that the pressure is normal.

that would be the first step to the diagnosis procedure, we need to know with compressor on what the gauges are reading and what the needles are doing

hows it coming?

Still the same. Thanks for asking.
I just wanted to know where are the possible areas it would leak. My mechanic has put in a new evaporator. He had to take down the entire dashboard for this. He used that particular substance ( not sure of the name) to check but still couldn't find the leak. It is a bit frustrating you know.

there is probably DYE in the system which he has a kit that will help identify it, and the leak could be anywhere really, thats where the dye comes in handy, that system shouldnt be to complicated to diagnose, I have seen the clamped high side lines give trouble

A red dye? That is what I think he used to identify the leak but he still hasnot found it. I will work for a few days that it will stop working.
then

I wish I could see what the pressure were before all of this that would help too