Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2009 the key will not turn enough to start the car, Steering…

2009 the key will...

2009 the key will not turn enough to start the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Steering wheel will turn

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '09 Kia?

The key is in good shape

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i will try to fix it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am not near the cae all my information is seand hand the car is at collage with my son

9/21/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, this may just be sticking tumblers. Have your son use a hammer and GENTLY, repeat GENTLY, tap around the key cylinder has he tries to turn the key. The will usually unstick the tumblers and allow the key to turn fully

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager