Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

My radio And Sun roof stopped working after I replaced 80

My radio And Sun roof stopped working after I replaced 80 amp main fuse. My car will stay running for a minute or to and then just does

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

did the 80 amp fuse u replaced still good or blew again ?

is there a security light on or flashing on dash, key symbol etc ?

are you saying the car runs for few seconds and die correct ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It Runs For A Second And Then It Dies. Nothing On The Dash.

ok the security is triggered on , we need a capable scanner to read anti theft module and retrieve fault codes and pull up pin poinT troubleshoot and be accurate ON IT

if the fuse is still good, BUT LETS DO A MASTER RESET FIRST AND WE GO FROM THERE

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There Is A Clicking Noise Coming From The Fuse Box When I Turn The Key It Stops But Does Nothing As If It Killed My Battery.
I believe you need to start with battery ,not enough power from battery will make relay click , with a voltmeter check it do you have 12 volts on it, key is to check it while u have key in start postion, is it holding the 12 volts , after making sure the battery is good then reset it, if the antinthert system sees low or no voltage it will stay triggered on , somlets start hereYou are very welcome :)
Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me
Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted
Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.
Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.
You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue
(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)
or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite ExpertI'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone
Thank You
Chad Farhat