Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 2003 kia spectra and need to replace the knock

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 kia spectra and need to replace the knock sensor and the throttle position sensor. how long should that take a skilled person to do the work. Looking for time estimate for bid on repairs. thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle hesitate during acceleration? Or maybe speed up suddenly when you aren't even hitting the gas?

Yes high rpms no power when giving it gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Spectra yourself? What have you tried so far?

No i have a buddy that wrenches. I will if necessary but i kinda suck at it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Kia
9/17/2017
Kia Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

The throttle position sensor is about a half hour job and a $60 part, most shops charge $100 a hour. The knock sensor is a half hour job and $70 part. So you are looking at $100 labor and $130 in parts. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.